Sunday 15 January 2012

I've always got a restoration project on the go. For me they fall into two catergories. firstly my own personal restorations, these are the bikes that I wouldn't sell and secondly my mason purle restorations. The mason purle restoration are the ones that end up on the market place and finance the 'next' project.
I thought you might like to see my present personal restoration project, its a Motodd Laverda.
I love the look of the Motodd which is the brain child of Phil Todd who is still racing Laverdas on the classic scene. Phil designed the frame and swinging arm to take the standard Laverda running gear. The exhaust is also a Todd design influenced by an early Laverda endurance racer.
There is a bit of fabrication work to be done and I've still to make a decision on the paint design and colour, although the iconic silver frame and orange paintwork always looks great. I think I will play with the names Laverda and Motodd with the emphasis on Motodd. 
I don't want to upgrade anything using modern kit, for me any add ons would have to be 'of the time' hence the Teleflex fork brace. The seat unit is a fibre glass replica item from the Laverda SFC 750, Phil told me that usually a 500 Monjuic seat unit would be used as it offered a bit more room but I like the look of the SFC although it needs its base extended about 20cm and re-upholstered as it stops short from the tank. Time will see all these small but visually significant issues addressed.
cardboard mockup infill

No comments:

Post a Comment