Sunday 15 January 2012

Standard XT tanks being prepared
New job in just being prepped up. This involves a bit of a conveyor belt approach as my client brought me three XT 500 tanks. I like the XT's they are an iconic bike of their time. Big single thumpers. I advised my client on two approaches for the standard tanks, one using the readily available vinyl graphics, as per bog standard. The second is to replicate the vinyl graphics in paint, airbrushing them on. The one that gets me going though is the third one, this plastic aftermarket tank from ACERBIS. I have advised my client on designing and then applying all graphics via the airbrush. Keeping with the standard XT colours to maintain a 'factory' finish but taking the design development of the graphics and final layout into a typography led theme.




Note the raised ACERBIS logo



All tanks are stripped back to metal by hand

No comments:

Post a Comment